Useful information about taxi services in Manchester
- You may only flag down the black cabs — other taxis (as well as limos, private hire taxis, and minivans) must be booked in advance over the phone.
- Each passenger additional to the hirer will have to pay an extra 20p.
- There is a fuel surcharge (per journey) of 20p if the price of diesel is £1.30 per litre or above.
- Some taxis accept credit or debit cards typically with a surcharge of between 10% and 15%.
- Drivers may ask you to pay an estimated fare/deposit up- front. If you do not agree you may be refused travel.
- If going outside the Greater Manchester you should negotiate the fare with the driver, before starting the journey.
- Journeys from Manchester Airport have a surcharge of 70p, if the taxi goes through barrier.
- More useful tips in wikitravel
more information on : Manchester City Council