Taxi fare, how much from anand vihar to meerut in New Delhi, India
Useful information about taxi services in New Delhi
- Most Delhi taxis are old but reliable Ambassadors in distinctive black-and-yellow livery.
- You can also use Rickshaws, three-wheeled partially enclosed contraptions (no doors!), in a distinctive yellow-and-green livery, that can seat three people in the back.
- Take into account that the meters may be often rigged and it's better to agree on the price in advance.
- Although by law the Rickshaw drivers should charge according to the meter in their vehicle, the official rate is unrealistically low and they will almost always try to negotiate a different price; In general, even the shortest journey costs Rs. 20 in a Rickshaw, but you should not need to pay more than Rs. 100 for any Rickshaw trip within the city.
- There is a Rs. 10 surcharge per piece of luggage (Rs. 5 in Rickshaws) except for shopping bags or a small attache case.
- Expect to pay waiting charges of at least Rs. 25 per hour or part thereof in both taxis and rickshaws (subject to minimum of 15 min stay).
- More useful tips in wikitravel
more information on : Delhi Traffic Police
and on Delhi Goverment's web page
Popular taxicab trips in New Delhi
Latest taxi services in New Delhi