Useful information about taxi services in New York
- Tolls for bridges, tunnels and highways are in addition to the fare in the meter, and are paid by the passenger.
- Be wary of unlicensed cars cruising for passengers, especially near the airports.
- Tips of 10-20% are expected when using taxi services (tips are already included in the estimated price provided by worldtaximeter).
- Outside the city, other than flat fare destinations and Newark Airport, meter rates are doubled (when going to Westchester or Nassau County).
- More useful tips in wikitravel
more information on : NYC Taxi & Limousine commision