Useful information about taxi services in Rome
- Be wary of non-official cab drivers, especially if you need to go to the airport. Do not be rushed into entering any taxi; take your time and double check that the taxi is an official one.
- Charge of 1 euro for each piece of baggage exceeding 35x25x50 cm
- The official taxies are yellow or white, and have meters. Look to make sure it has an official TAXI sign.
- There is a 10% discount for direct runs to the hospitals in Rome and for women traveling alone between 21.00 and 01.00.
- There is 1 euro supplement for each passenger after the fourth.
- More useful tips in wikitravel
more information on : Comune di Roma