Useful information about taxi services in San Francisco
- If you are going 15 miles beyond the city limits, the final fare will be one hundred fifty percent (150%) of the rate displayed in the meter.
- You should be careful and use only legal taxicabs.Here's a guide on How to Spot a Real San Francisco Taxicab (PDF)
- The passenger pays for any bridge tolls.
- Drivers can ask for an advanced payment if you are going out of San Francisco (except if going to SFO and Oakland Airport)
- More useful tips in wikitravel
more information on : San Francisco Taxicab commision