Useful information about taxi services in Sydney
- Passengers are required to pay all tolls for their trip.
- It is likely to be charged a fee (tipically 10%) if you pay by credit card.
- If a maxi-cab is hired for 5 or more passengers, up to 150% of the maximum fares and charges (excluding tolls) may be charged.
- Tipping is not required or generally expected. However, rounding up a taxi fare the next dollar (or five or ten dollars, depending on the base fare) is fairly common.
- More useful tips in wikitravel
more information on : NSW Ministry of Transport