Useful information about taxi services in Amsterdam
- Every official taxi must have blue number plates, a price list available from both inside and outside the taxi, and a taxi-driver's pass on the dashboard with photo and name.
- At a taxi rank you DO NOT have to take the first taxi waiting - by law you have a free choice to choose the one you prefer.
- If you need to run in somewhere, you will need to negotiate a waiting fee with the driver. Around 50 cents per minute is customary.
- If you have a problem with a Taxi in Amsterdam, you can file an official complaint online: National Taxi Transport Complaints Reporting Centre
- More useful tips in wikitravel
more information on : Amsterdam.nl